Since 1974, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) has significantly impacted employee welfare benefit plans and the requirement for plan documents. ERISA is complex and often confusing, but a necessity for Employee Benefits professionals to understand. For example, why do we provide a Summary of Benefits and Coverage when we already provided a Summary Plan Description?
In this seminar we will cover:
- The basics of ERISA
- Plan document requirements
- Key employee communications
We will also help answer the following questions:
- What employers are subject to ERISA?
- What plans are subject to ERISA?
- What documents are required?
- What are the distribution requirements?