We are celebrating one year of Coffee & Compliance by introducing a new host: Amanda Olimb! In the first episode, our hosts discuss the mix of transparency rules that employers are dealing with followed by the surprises and commonplace of being a regulatory and legislative professional in the health and welfare space.
A Muddle of Transparency Rules
Our Compliance team discusses the mix of transparency rules that employers are dealing with, from the Trump administration’s final transparency rules that are tied to the ACA to the No Surprises Act. Topics covered include:
- Possible consolidation of the rules, which could make things easier for employers
- Delays of some of the transparency provisions
- Why is compliance so difficult for self-insured plans?
Amanda, the Six-Year Rookie
Amanda Olimb and Nick Karls from our Compliance team talk about the surprises and the commonplace of being a regulatory and legislative specialist in the health and welfare space. Topics covered include:
- Informal guidance v. what you are taught in school
- What it is like to live with uncertain guidance and guidelines from a professional perspective
- What a “fresh” set of eyes sees as possible improvements to the industry
Listen and earn 1.0 SHRM credit