State Leave and Disability Laws Won’t Leave Us Alone
Ben and Nick have another guest, Melanie Payton from Pacific Resources, on to discuss the expanding and often confusing world of state leave and disability laws. Topics covered include:
- What causes the most confusion for employers when dealing with these state laws?
- Do the states provide all the information needed to comply?
- What are the hurdles when trying to design a leave or disability program that will comply with every state’s requirements?
What’s the Future of Federal and State Paid Leave and Disability Laws?
Melanie Payton is back to talk to Ben and Nick about state leave and disability laws and where they’re going in the future. Topics covered include:
- What does current enforcement look like at the state level?
- What are the odds the federal government imposes its own paid leave law that supersedes state paid leave laws?
- How are these issues complicated by the remote workforce?
Listen and earn 1.0 SHRM credit