Join our Research and Compliance team as they discuss status change events and what to do when an employee requests a change.
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan status change rules and HIPAA special enrollment events can be complex to navigate and account for a large number of the questions that the Brown & Brown Research and Compliance team answers daily. As a result, we are once again hosting our educational compliance seminar explaining status change events that allow for mid-year health and FSA election changes and how-to best handle employee requests while remaining compliant.
In this seminar we will cover:
- HIPAA special enrollments
- Cafeteria plan general information
- Benefit election rules
- Cafeteria plan status changes
- Break in employment (termination and rehire)
- Consistency rule
- Correcting errors and mistakes in elections
- Attendees will also earn 1.0 HRCI and SHRM credit for this program.