This month’s Coffee and Compliance podcast focuses on the Affordable Care Act & compliance considerations around high cost claimants.
The Supreme Court Says the ACA is Here to Stay (Kind Of)
The Research & Compliance team discusses the recent dismissal by the Supreme Court of a lawsuit that challenged the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. Topics covered include:
- Background on the litigation and an explanation of the Court’s dismissal of the lawsuit
- What does the Court’s decision mean for plan sponsors moving forward?
- Why the Court’s decision may not be the end of ACA litigation and challenges
- What future ACA litigation may resemble
Compliance Considerations Surrounding High Cost Claimants
The Research & Compliance team discusses the often missed, or sometimes ignored, compliance issues that come up when a health plan is handling perennial high cost claimants. Topics covered include:
- Why high cost claimants are prevalent
- Avoiding HIPAA violations when handling high cost claimants
- Possible plan design approaches to discuss with legal counsel to handle rising health plan costs
Listen and earn 1.0 SHRM credit