Construction at the new Brown & Brown Beach Street Campus in Downtown Daytona Beach, Florida, saw tremendous progress in 2019. The highly-anticipated, 220,000 square foot, 11-story building is scheduled for completion at the end of 2020.
Many milestones took place throughout 2019, including the following:
- March – 269 foundational pilings were drilled, serving as the backbone to the building
- April – Construction on the stairwells and elevators started
- July – The first steel column was erected
- September – Concrete slab pours started
- November – The final steel beam was lifted into place during our topping off ceremony
- December – Exterior glass panel installation began
When complete, the new headquarters will allow up to 1,000 teammates to collaborate while having an incredible view of the Halifax River and the Atlantic Ocean.