Workplace Safety Training Officer
Workplace Safety Training Officer
Apex Insurance Services
Job Category: Other
Apex Insurance Services is a Wholesale Broker, Program Administrator specializing in Property & Casualty insurance, Workers’ Compensation, Risk Management and Claims Solutions for Public Entities and Educational Institutions.
Founded in 1991 in Glen Allen,VA as a wholesale broker and MGA, Apex has grown to six major offices nationwide and over $282,000,000 in public entity premium. Committed to the public sector, Apex has become one of the country’s fastest growing and well-respected brokers.
Our goal is to use our experience, knowledge, relationships and consolidated insurance buying power to find the most comprehensive, competitive markets for our producers and to generate profitability for our carriers.
Apex provides Excess and Reinsurance solutions for over 75 pools and/or trusts across the nation. We have used those years of experience to better serve our clients entire book of business. Internally we have created Specialty Business Units to provide an array of coverages to service all clients in the public entity and educational world.
Many talk about innovative ideas, but Apex has a history of solving problems and bringing those solutions to the public entity community.
The Loss Control and Risk Management Division of Apex Insurance Company is seeking a Workplace Safety Training Officer. This individual will be involved at the insureds’ facilities in the development and implementation of Health & Safety training programs to maintain compliance with safety regulations, and will conduct audits and trainings in cities, counties, utilities, and school districts across Georgia. This position will be focused on all aspects of environmental, health, and safety including insureds’ fleets of vehicles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpretation of insurance principles in the lines of property, casualty and workers compensation.
- Interpretation of various safety perils related to public entities, including fleet, workzone, and facilities management.
- Monitor and audit internal safety programs for compliance and validation.
- Develop new programs, procedures and training (Instructor) to improve and maintain safe working conditions for our insureds.
- Work as an ambassador and liaison between Apex, the Director of Loss Control and Risk Management, our agents, and our insureds.
- Three years’ experience in safety, industrial hygiene, risk management, or a related area which includes safety training or safety investigation or a closely related area.
- Associate’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, Business/Public Administration, Construction, Education or a related field and experience in safety training or safety investigation or a closely related area.
Licensures and Certifications Required:
- A valid driver’s license. Certified instructor for National Safety Council’s DDC-6 Defensive Driving Course. Certified instructor for Workzone Safety/Flagger. Certified Instructor for Lift Truck/Forklift. Certified Facility Inspector preferred, but not required.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment:
- This position requires the teammate to drive their own vehicle for frequent in-state travel throughout Georgia, some overnight trips. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are a requirement of this position.
Shania Dunn, Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist - Wholesale, [email protected] #LI-SD1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.