Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking an Underwriter for its team in Anaheim, California!
WHO WE ARE:
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the fifth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country.
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
WHO YOU ARE:
You believe in working as a team and thrive in fun, collaborative environments. You have a client-focused attitude and value the importance of relationships, professionalism, and trust. You set goals high and aim higher. You have solid communication skills. You are detail oriented and organized. You enjoy learning new skills, systems, processes, and procedures. You are a great listener and are not afraid to ask questions. You believe that learning is vital to success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Under the supervision of the Operations Leader, the Underwriter facilitates client service, business retention and growth. This position requires the ability to work autonomously in performing duties requiring knowledge and understanding of the insurance field. The Underwriter will:
- Market new and renewal business for all lines
- Assist Operations Lines Manager in traveling and visiting existing agencies to maintain good relationships
- Rate and quote new business
- Confirm bindings
- Remarket renewals
- Submit change requests and cancellations
- Check policies
- Submit surplus lines filings
- Order loss runs
- Process B of R letters
- Assist producers in resolving billing / audit disputes
- Research and taking action as needed on outstanding accounting issues
- Handle “old aged receivables” weekly
- Issue invoices as needed
- Foster and seek relationships with teammates across all levels of Brown & Brown
- Ensure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures
- Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills
- Always conduct the highest level of confidentiality
- Other duties as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or financial related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate bilingually in both English and Mandarin or Korean, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid time off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Brown & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button above. For technical difficulties with applying please email [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.