Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Finance
Brown & Brown Gulf States is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team in Lafayette, LA. The Staff Accountant will provide over all accounting support to the Accounting & Operations Leader.
Brown & Brown is a unique, decentralized, publicly traded organization which has grown to be the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. With over 75 years of proven success, Brown & Brown is one of the insurance industry’s most powerful and influential leaders. Through our four business segments (Retail, National Programs, Wholesale Brokerage, and Services), Brown & Brown provides risk management solutions to businesses, corporations, governmental institutions, professional organizations, trade associations, families, and individuals.
There are no employees at Brown & Brown – only Teammates. We strive to attract people who are competitive, driven, and disciplined. Built on meritocracy, our company culture rewards self starters and those who are committed to always doing what is best for their customers. With Brown & Brown you will be introduced to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities and will have access to the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes company payables and/or vendor payables and reviews for accuracy
- Posts payments and reconciles customer accounts
- Reviews and processes expense reimbursement requests
- Reviews requests for refunds and process refund checks
- Reviews Aged Receivables on a monthly basis to make sure no customer balances over 59 days – works with CSR and Producer to collect
- Maintains Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules – ensures proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Perform audits of direct bill accounts to ensure payments are received timely.
- Assist in the annual budget process and monthly forecast estimates
- Plays critical role in performing duties for month-end close process
- Pursues a course of personal, professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficient with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 1 – 3 years experience in a similar position
- Certified Public Accountant or other Financial designation
Raegan Osborn, [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.