Public Risk Underwriters of Florida
Lake Mary, FL
Job Category: Administrative
Division: National Programs
Public Risk Underwriters of Florida is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team in Lake Mary, FL. The ideal candidate for this position has 0-3 years of progressive Accounting experience, as our team will rely on you to perform day-to-day accounting and financial activities and administrative duties.
A subsidiary of Daytona Beach-based Brown & Brown, Inc. Public Risk Underwriters of Florida, Inc. was formed in 1999 to administer the Preferred Governmental Insurance Trust, a public entity risk pool that provides Workers’ Compensation and other Property, and Casualty coverages to all segments of the Florida public entity insurance marketplace. This entry-level position is a great career growth opportunity!
In this role, the selected candidate will report to the Accounting Leader/Manager with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Posts monthly accounts receivable batches into general ledger
- Maintains and reconciles monthly balances in general ledger
- Accrues revenues for package premiums
- Initiates/reconciles/processes exports from Underwriting systems
- Verifies that imports into accounting software are complete and accurate
- Compares and reconcile aging reports
- Accrues fees/expenses in accordance with Pool Contracts
- Prepares and verifies broker statements
- Creates Reports for monthly Workers’ Compensation and Package collections by fund year (as a basis for fee payment.
- Manages commission payment process (Create invoices and enter data into AP system)
- Computes and accrues fees/expenses in accordance with Pool Contracts
- Analyzes claims payment in member deductible layer
- Performs other administrative duties
- Performs other duties, as needed
- Ability to import and export data between various programs, strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Ability to work with on-line banking and other on-line research tools
- Strong communications and customer service skills to deal with member collections
- Associates degree in business or related discipline
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 0 – 3 years experience in a similar position
Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline
Insurance licenses or designations
Compensation & Rewards:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, etc.
- Employee Stock Program and 401K Plan
- Education Assistance Program – tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment assistance, etc.
Latricia Scicere - Associate, Employment Practices at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.