Rodman Insurance Agency
Job Category: Finance
Brown & Brown of Massachusetts, dba Rodman Insurance Agency, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team! This individual will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will assist with daily, monthly & yearly accounting and operations tasks. Responsible for monitoring daily banking activity, accounts receivable, accounts payable, agency bill and direct bill reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily banking activity
- Track current direct bill receivable, advising Accounting Manager of status
- Assist with Agency Bill process including recording, reconciling, and issuing checks.
- Receipt, record, transact & reconcile Direct Bill Commission Received
- Maintain relationship & contact with Carrier billing departments to ensure timely payments received
- Maintain relationship & contact with Vendor’s – collect, review & submit current invoices for which payment is due
- Cut checks to vendors with management authorization
- Participate in month end processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and financial analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Collaborate with Accounting & Administrative team on day to day and monthly tasks.
- Cross-train on all functions of Accounting and Administrative within the Profit Center.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Profit Center.
- Process data and generate requested reports regarding results, earnings or conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Accounting required, degree in other financial related discipline may be considered.
- 1-3 years experience in the Accounting field, particularly in an office environment, strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter with organizational skills and ability to work with details.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Cydney Bain, Regional Talent Acquisition Professional [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.