Brown & Brown Premier
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Category: Finance
Brown & Brown Premier in Fort Lauderdale is seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline and commitment to join our team as Staff Accountant. Primary responsibilities involve many aspects of full-cycle accounting, and will work closely with Accounting Leader to develop and maintain accurate and timely financial reports and other reports as needed.
Essential Duties Include:
- Responsible for Payables and Receivables on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for managing premium finance transactions and analyzing related revenue and receivables on a monthly basis.
- Process Company, vendor and customer payable checks.
- Process customer refund requests.
- Process daily cash receipts.
- Maintain and reconcile agency bank accounts.
- Research unapplied cash and reconcile to resolve open items.
- Keep general ledger accounts in balance.
- Perform month end account reconciliations.
- Interact with companies and vendors regarding payables and receivables.
- Post general ledger transactions as needed.
- Responsible for the tracking and recording of all finance contracts.
- Maintain procedures for all functions of the positions.
- Utilize Agency Management System in all aspect of the position.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position or Public Accounting
- MS Office Suite and Computer Proficiency (swift and accurate), especially with MS Excel
- Strong in planning, organizing, good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication
- Ability to analyze data of an accounting nature. Must have attention to detail.
- Problem Solver, Accuracy, Adaptability
- Knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and accounting policies and procedures
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 745am-445pm
To APPLY for this position, scroll to the top of this posting and click on APPLY HERE. If you have technical difficulties please email [email protected] #ZRCM
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.