Pacific Resources Benefit Adviser, LLC
Job Category: Finance
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join our PacRes Team!
The Staff Accountant will prepare financial reports, process accounts payable, maintain general ledger and assist with month end close. The role will develop, implement and maintain accounting procedures, analyzing current procedures and making ongoing recommendations.
This regular, full-time position will be based out of Boston Massachusetts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in the month-end close process including month-end journal entries and accruals, performing balance sheet and bank reconciliations, and preparing corporate files and workbooks in accordance with publicly traded company standards
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations, verifies proper postings and recommends long-term strategies to improve process and deliverables
- Complete budget to actual variance analysis, communicates to Executive Leadership Group and Corporate Finance team. Reviews analysis and findings with department leaders to understand key drivers and business impact
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements, including department level financial reports to be shared with Executive Leadership
- Prepares the annual expense budget for all departments as well as quarterly reforecasts which are delivered to internal executive leadership and corporate finance leadership
- Manage fixed assets within our accounting system, including ensuring all assets are tagged as needed in accordance with best practices
- Process Accounts Payable including coding and payments, ensuring that internal controls are adhered to and that payments are made timely within our policy. Researches payment issues or follow-up with team leaders to ensure completion of all outstanding payments.
- Reviews and approves employee expense reimbursements to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and timely reimbursement to teammates
- Provide Merger and Acquisition support including aiding in the due diligence and financial review process
- Track, manage and review teammate professional licenses, including continuing education status and renewing of licenses
- Assist other team members with accounting and finance matters as needed, including preparing for internal audit reviews and sharing information as needed with internal audit team
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership regarding accounting matters, including responding to accounting and financial questions from corporate and senior leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with account analysis, journal entries and reconciliations
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ashlie Purvee #LI-AP1 at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.