Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant
Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc.
Job Category: Finance
Beecher Carlson is a large account risk management broker that delivers expertise by industry focus and product specialization. We strive to develop new and better technologies to support your business requirements and drive operational excellence. By leveraging our deep risk management expertise, we are able to help clients manage their business risks, protect and enhance their capital and fulfill their corporate mission. Insurance Business America named Beecher Carlson as a Top Insurance Workplace for 2018. Find out more about our team and expertise here: https://www.beechercarlson.com
Beecher Carlson is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. Brown & Brown is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL and is one of the nation’s leading independent insurance intermediaries with 10,00 employees and 200+ profit center locations in 40 states, London (UK), and Bermuda. Brown & Brown is ranked as the sixth largest insurance brokerage in the United States and the seventh largest brokerage worldwide by Business Insurance magazine. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Staff Accountant with our Corporate Division located in Atlanta, GA. The Senior Staff Accountant will lead and support accounting operations by managing all aspects of accounting and team related activities.
- Assists with the month end close
- Reconciliation and analysis of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Follows up on outstanding accounts receivables balances and researches unapplied cash payments
- Prepares bank reconciliations and follows up on reconciling items
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing and interpreting accounting options
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Provides guidance and supervises the accounting team
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/related field.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in related position with similar duties.
- 3 years of experience working with Excel and Word, preparing financial statements in accordance with GAAP, and working with multiple accounting systems.
Raven James - Human Resources Generalist at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.