Senior Account Manager – Commercial Lines
Senior Account Manager – Commercial Lines
Brown & Brown Insurance, Inc.
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown is a unique, decentralized, publicly traded organization which has grown to be the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. With over 75 years of proven success, Brown & Brown is one of the insurance industry’s most powerful and influential leaders. Through our four business segments (Retail, National Programs, Wholesale Brokerage, and Services), Brown & Brown provides risk management solutions to businesses, corporations, governmental institutions, professional organizations, trade associations, families, and individuals.
There are no employees at Brown & Brown – only Teammates. We strive to attract people who are competitive, driven, and disciplined. Built on meritocracy, our company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to always doing what is best for their customers. With Brown & Brown you will be introduced to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities and will have access to the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
Our team in Carmel, IN is currently seeking a Senior Account Manager to join their Employee Benefits Division. Primary duties will include leading pre-renewal and renewal meetings with clients, managing the timeline and marketplace strategy, proactive planning throughout the year and building a relationship with contacts at the client. Additional duties include remaining current regarding any Employee Benefits related information and products.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Assist the Account Executive the Renewal Process with all assigned clients. This includes pre-renewal and renewal meetings, managing the timeline for renewal and marketing strategy.
- Provide proactive planning to the client throughout the year, including: additional lines of coverage or products, payroll and technology implementation, compliance review and maintenance, and fostering employee engagement with the client.
- Prepare and deliver the Stewardship Report to clients.
- Create benefits booklets for assigned clients and all Spanish Presentations, as well as present at Open Enrollment Meetings, New Hire Meetings, and Lunch and Learns.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the client throughout the year.
- Manage and retain existing book of business and pursue new opportunities for the book where appropriate including a specific business plan for growth.
- Provide customer relations with all levels of client’s decision-makers as well as the day-to-day technical client representatives.
- Follow up to address customer needs and resolve their problems/issues.
- Ensure the proper resources from within the organization are involved with the customer and introduce new products through the other core business groups where appropriate.
- Develop and oversee customer service plans for each client and understand the needs of the customer.
- Prepare customer renewal and new business strategy including proposals and presentations and ensure they agree with customer’s requests/requirements.
- Present proposal to customer ensuring appropriate team members and resources are represented/attend.
- Be able to understand multiple financial arrangements such as Fully Insured, Self-funded, etc.
- Follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverage’s and technology.
- Remain up to date with current market conditions and status of competition.
- Other duties as assigned
- Indiana Life and Health insurance license required.
- College degree or equivalent job related experience required and advanced degree desirable.
- One (1) or more professional insurance designations desirable.
- Three (3) or more years benefits experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong detail orientation and the ability to also see the big picture.
- Strong time management discipline and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, regardless of complexity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior presentation, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Drive, determination and a competitive nature are essential.
- Knowledge of industry sales/marketing methods preferred.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable and be committed to achieving success in their own career.
If you happen to experience technical difficulties while applying to this posting, please contact Raegan at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.