Sales Producer- Employee Benefits
Sales Producer- Employee Benefits
Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Sales
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown’s local leaders are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Brown & Brown of California is seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, drive, and commitment to join our Employee Benefits Sales team. The Sales Producer position demands critical/creative thinking to develop and deliver applicable solutions to prospective and existing clients. The Producer will be responsible for creating leads which are generated through the development of professional relationships, cold calling, community involvement, and networking. If you are looking for a challenging, dynamic career that offers the chance to obtain financial security and career advancement, then we are the organization for you. With our industry leading training
• Drives new business and revenue growth by identifying and attracting new clients who align with Brown & Brown’s value proposition
• Consults with clients and prospective clients to understand their business needs
• Demonstrate ability to match optimal insurance products with client’s needs
• Effectively utilizes all resources within the department to exceed client expectations
• Collaborates with resources outside department to maximize sales opportunities
• Keeps current on legislative changes impacting employee benefit programs
• Any other job-related duties as may be assigned
• High level of motivation and determination
• Ability to generate prospects and set appointments for new client opportunities
• Excellent Phone Communication—much of your time will be spent on the phone with clients or prospective clients
• Strong work ethic and team approach to working with internal service, marketing and technology teams on specific client needs
• Professional demeanor and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfort with group presentations and public speaking
• Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to other’s ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
Experience and Education:
• Ability to apply critical thinking, make sound judgments and attention to detail
• Organizational skills – individual is able to prioritize work activities and uses time efficiently
• Ability to work well with multiple teammates in a high pace environment
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and able deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
• High school or equivalent
• Insurance industry or sales/consulting role: 3 years
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Positive attitude and commitment to working in a team environment
• Life and Health License or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
• Ability to travel to client meetings, prospect meetings and industry events
Katie Hillman Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.