Sales Producer – Commercial Insurance
Sales Producer – Commercial Insurance
Brown & Brown Insurance
Fort Lauderdale , FL
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc.–Fort Lauderdale is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as a Sales Producer for our Commercial Insurance Team. This individual will be responsible for commercial lines insurance account sales, prospecting, working with the client/prospect on the financial and contractual features of their insurance plans, and for coordinating with the Account Manager as necessary.
NO PRIOR INSURANCE EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
Primary responsibilities are to sell and renew P&C Commercial Insurance to businesses in our community and region. Our team environment will provide you with a wealth of resources to help you reach your full potential. New sales are the focus of the position and cross sales of existing clients is also encouraged.
- Responsible for the development and successful acquisition of new business revenue from new and existing clients.
- Prospect sectors or market areas by identifying business needs and proposing company products and services.
- Obtain prospects and actively pursue and create interest by telephone calls, writing letters, or making personal visits.
- Maintain currency and further develop expertise in declared sector or market area by networking and participating in professional development activities.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and implement initiatives to increase cost savings, efficiency, or effectiveness.
- Develop and promote strong relationships with prospects and clients
- Achieve pre-determined sales goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- 3+ years of successful B2B sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Windows Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent desire to succeed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Driven for success with strong sales aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to daytime travel (60%)
- This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are a requirement of this position
- Florida 2-20 Insurance License, or obtain within 45 days of employment
To APPLY for this position, scroll to the top of this posting and click on APPLY HERE. If you have any technical difficulties please contact Wayne Crews at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.