Brown & Brown Insurance of Georgia, Inc.
Job Category: Sales
Brown & Brown Insurance of Georgia, Inc.–Duluth (soon to be Alpharetta in late March!) is currently seeking a Sales Consultant to join our Property & Casualty OR Employee Benefits Teams. This individual will be responsible for account sales, prospecting, working with the client/prospect on the financial and contractual features of their insurance plans, and for coordinating with the Account Manager as necessary.
Primary responsibilities are to sell and renew insurance business. Our team environment will provide you with a wealth of resources to help you reach your full potential. New sales are the focus of the position and cross sales of existing clients is also encouraged.
- Responsible for the development and successful acquisition of new business revenue from new and existing clients
- Prospect sectors or market areas by identifying business needs and proposing company products and services
- Obtain prospects and actively pursue and create interest by telephone calls, writing letters, or making personal visits
- Maintain currency and further develop expertise in declared sector or market area by networking and participating in professional development activities
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and implement initiatives to increase cost savings, efficiency, or effectiveness
- Develop and promote strong relationships with prospects
- Organize and run trade shows
- Achieve pre-determined sales goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-year College degree
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Windows Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Driven for success with strong sales aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to daytime travel (60%)
- Active Georgia License, either Property & Casualty, OR Life & Health
- Sales experience with quantifiable success in any industry
- Experience selling insurance, either P&C OR Employee Benefits
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.