Big Sky Underwriters
Job Category: Client Support
Big Sky Underwriters is seeking a REMOTE Renewal Underwriter to join its growing team in Missoula, Montana!
WHO WE ARE:
Big Sky Underwriters is a leading independent Managing General Agency located in Missoula, Montana. As a General Agency, we represent many property and casualty insurance companies offering products to individuals and companies delivered solely through retail agents. Over the years, Big Sky Underwriters has grown steadily building relationships with agents placing risks in many States including: Idaho, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Washington & Wyoming. The original General Agency was established in 1955 and began operating as Big Sky Underwriters in 1987. In 2008, Big Sky Underwriters was acquired by Hull & Company, Inc., a subsidiary of Brown & Brown Insurance.
The core values of Big Sky Underwriters include integrity, quality, honesty, the highest of service standards and insurance education. Our guiding principles support our staff, agent and company relationships by providing a relaxed, professional work environment where teamwork, courtesy, respect and active listening are values practiced every day.
WHO YOU ARE:
You believe in working as a team and thrive in fun, collaborative environments. You have a client-focused attitude and value the importance of relationships, professionalism and trust. You set goals high and aim higher. You have solid communication skills. You are detail oriented and organized. You enjoy learning new skills, systems, processes, and procedures. You are a great listener and are not afraid to ask questions. You believe that learning is vital to success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Service the designated book of business as it relates to marketing, administration, and sales
- Accept or decline risks based on own analysis of options
- Build, expand, and solidify relationships at all levels and possess the resources to address client’s needs including the identification and resolution of underwriting and/or policy issues
- Review applications to confirm that information is appropriate to determining underwriting actions
- Maintain daily workflow by analyzing, handing, or forwarding to the Binding Authority Account Managers for processing
- Foster and seek relationships with teammates across all levels of Big Sky Underwriters and Brown & Brown
- Ensure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures
- Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills
- Always conduct the highest level of confidentiality
- Other duties as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- HS diploma or equivalent, required
- 3-5 years underwriting experience or 5-7+ years insurance experience, preferred
- Active Montana P&C License
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid time off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button above. For technical difficulties with applying please email [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.