Hull & Company
Job Category: Administrative
Hull & Company, seeks an enthusiastic team player to join our team in Metairie, LA. This position will Assist the Account Executives by reviewing insurance applications, inspections, and other pertinent information to evaluate, classify, and rate individuals and groups for insurance by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examine such documents as application forms, inspection reports, insurance maps, to determine degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing, age, occupation, accident experience, and value and condition of property.
- Review company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks, and evaluate possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
- Work with Brokers when underwriting renewal risks, insuring that all required information is obtained, proper applications are completed, quotes and binders are confirmed in writing, policies are issued promptly and accurately, state filings (where applicable) are made, and taxes paid in accordance with appropriate state laws.
- Work with Brokers when reviewing, analyzing and underwriting risks submitted by Producers, rate submissions for premium and terms, analyze exposures for quotes for new and renewal business, issue written indications, quotes and binders.
- Instruct and train processors, review indications, quotes, binders, submissions and policies for completeness and accuracy.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the use of all agency management software systems and suggest labor saving uses to the department Leader.
- Issuance and/or re-issuance of Certificates of Insurance.
- Work with the Brokers to be sure the forms on the policies are the current edition dates used by each Company.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 1 – 3 years related office experience
Shania Dunn, Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist - Wholesale, [email protected] #LI-SD1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.