Regional Controller – Midwest
Regional Controller – Midwest
Brown & Brown Insurance, Inc.
Job Category: Finance
Brown & Brown is a unique, decentralized, publicly traded organization which has grown to be the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. With over 75 years of proven success, Brown & Brown is one of the insurance industry’s most powerful and influential leaders. Through our four business segments (Retail, National Programs, Wholesale Brokerage, and Services), Brown & Brown provides risk management solutions to businesses, corporations, governmental institutions, professional organizations, trade associations, families, and individuals.
There are no employees at Brown & Brown – only Teammates. We strive to attract people who are competitive, driven, and disciplined. Built on meritocracy, our company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to always doing what is best for their customers. With Brown & Brown you will be introduced to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities and will have access to the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
We are currently seeking a Regional Controller to support the Midwestern Retail Region of Brown & Brown Insurance. This individual will report to the Director of Finance & Operations. The Finance & Operations Leader is responsible for reviewing Profit Centers for Sarbanes Oxley compliance, reporting on financial performance, and assisting on various projects within the Retail Division.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Review monthly CSAs effectively within the Brown & Brown control environment
- Act as a resource to the offices you review utilizing a solid understanding of Brown & Brown accounting guidelines, control processes, and systems (financial and agency management)
- Assist the Director of Finance & Operations with recruiting and training new Accounting Leaders
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders (such as PCLs, Team Leaders, Functional Owners, Corporate Finance, Team Resources, IT, etc.)
- Analyze financial details to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Participate and assist with various projects within the Retail division, both at the Regional and Divisional level.
- Prioritize various projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong financial accounting and analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and apply key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Provide guidance and training to teammates
- Develops and delivers clear and effective verbal communication to convey a clear understanding of Finance objectives and results to different audiences.
- Plans, organizes, prioritizes, and oversees activities to efficiently meet deadlines and business objectives
- Build strong relationships and provide customer centric solutions to a variety of stakeholders (PCLs, ALs, Finance and Senior Leadership)
- Having the ability to understand and train other teammates in regards to Brown & Brown accounting guidelines, control processes, and systems.
- Apply knowledge of the business and marketplace to budget, forecast, and assist with the business achieving key metrics
Preferred Education and Certifications: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance , CPA, AAI
Preferred Experience: 8-10 years in an Accounting and Finance Position, Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Travel Requirements: 10-20% Assisting with the integration of new Acquisitions, Due Diligence, and visiting offices to meet with PCLs and ALs that they review.
Raegan Osborn, [email protected] #LI-RO1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.