Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
Job Category: Other
Division: National Programs
Assists in the management of all aspects of software development projects and product roll-outs, including: selection, discovery, requirements, design, scope, plan, schedule, communications, reporting, risk, implementation, release, and post-release. Performs other necessary functional project duties.
DAILY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize and maintain PMO / IS Project Management tools and techniques throughout the life cycle of projects (SmartSheets, Jira, Wiki / Confluence, Survey Tools)
- Partner with internal and external Functional Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Release Management, Tech Support, Underwriting and other functional Insurance Departments to ensure the implementation of insurance programs according to the company’s thresholds of time, budget, and quality
- Develop and implement project management tools and templates to improve and enhance the project life cycle
- Analyze development, testing, and release processes and continually improves their efficiency and effectiveness
- Organize and lead project meetings to facilitate goal setting and review, progress and status reporting, communication, resolve blockers, and general project planning
- Sets goals with project team members and gain commitment to milestones and deliverables, based on time estimates
- Ensure that business objectives and key success metrics are being met
- Track project progress through project schedules, budgets (as necessary), project reports, meeting agendas and minutes, and other reporting mechanisms
- Report project status to Department Management, Project Management, and Business Management and partners with them to clear any obstacles to project progress
- Collaborate with business-side managers and project stakeholders to insure their input is accounted for and managed within projects
- Gather project metrics in order to create predictable, reliable, and repeatable development and release practices
- Partner with compliance to coordinate and integrate project activities and division-requested enhancements according to the applicable corporate and regulatory standards
- Identify requirements for web-based and back-office system projects maintained internally or by external vendors
- Coordinate system demos and workflow walk-throughs to enable business leader’s decision-making
- Relationship Manager with IS/IT teams, insurance carriers, vendors, and business divisions to achieve project objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or 2 -3 years Project Management experience and/or training; insurance industry (or related) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and track project schedules and delivering projects on time and on budget
- Experience successfully communicating across a variety of audiences
- Able to successfully perform both independently and by motivating a project team
- Familiarity using Agile, Hybrid and Predictive project methodologies
- Understands or is able to learn based on experience and/or education, advanced system workflows related to industry specific processing (policy issuance, billing, data flow, etc.)
- Experience with web applications and customizable and configurable applications
- Basic understanding of programming languages and concepts
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Lean/Six Sigma Certifications preferred
Kelly Spies - Director of Project Management Office at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.