Job Category: Other
Pillar Rx Consulting is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team! The Business Analyst will understand PillarRx’s proprietary software and work with our business leaders to evaluate new requests, document requirements, define the scope, and help implement solutions to meet strategic initiatives for improving efficiency and productivity of PillarRx’s business systems and user needs.
Combining nearly 50 years of pharmacy benefit management experience, PillarRx is a leading firm dedicated to delivering pharmacy benefit consulting, auditing, and copay assistance services. PillarRx assists health plans, municipalities, self-funded entities, business coalitions and Taft Hartley plans.
Our qualified professionals lead all aspects of the pharmacy benefit program, helping our customers save money, minimize compliance risks, and refine their PBM contract. We provide best-in-class, value-based pharmacy solutions utilizing 100% review of your pharmacy claims. Our practical compliance guidance can help you maximize your financial outcomes, eliminate pharmaceutical waste & abuse, and increase member satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Functions include the following:
- Determine operational objectives by studying business software and functions, gathering and documenting information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams that support business processes
- Improve systems by studying current operational practices and designing modifications
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures
- Work closely with the PillarRx IT Project manager to define and document project requirements and project milestones
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decisionmaking
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Support user acceptance testing (UAT) on development efforts prior to launch to identify any potential gaps in functionality and usability
- Educating, coaching, and mentoring organizational staff and leaders on project and portfolio management concepts
- This position will include job duties that require risk designations for access to Electronic Protected Health Information (PHI) in the course of their job responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst and/or other functional roles working on the full spectrum of the Software Development Lifecycle, including software requirement gathering/writing and design processes
- Advanced experience with MS suite: Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead meetings with cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed to support corporate projects
- Business Analysis Certification (PMI, IIBA)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Experience within the Pharmacy or Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) space
Raegan Osborn, [email protected] #LI-RO1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.