Brown & Brown Gulf States
Job Category: Administrative
Brown & Brown Insurance is currently seeking a Marketing Representative to join their team with B&B Gulf States in Lafayette, LA! Primary responsibilities for this role are in the analysis of market research information. Creative strategies based on the analysis lead to the production of new and renewal business.
Brown & Brown is a unique, decentralized, publicly traded organization which has grown to be the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. With over 75 years of proven success, Brown & Brown is one of the insurance industry’s most powerful and influential leaders. Through our four business segments (Retail, National Programs, Wholesale Brokerage, and Services), Brown & Brown provides risk management solutions to businesses, corporations, governmental institutions, professional organizations, trade associations, families, and individuals.
There are no employees at Brown & Brown – only Teammates. We strive to attract people who are competitive, driven, and disciplined. Built on meritocracy, our company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to always doing what is best for their customers. With Brown & Brown you will be introduced to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities and will have access to the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
Essential Duties and Functions:
– Responsible for all aspects of the marketing process from initial submission to the binding of coverage.
– Typical job duties include, but are not limited to, determining the appropriate markets to be approached
– Assist producers in market pick selections, obtaining and analyzing quotations and declinations from various insurers
– Prepare proposals for presentation
– Develop and maintain a close working relationship with insurance company underwriters and wholesale brokers
– Calculate figures and provide oversight for the purpose of tracing and adjusting errors.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– GED or High School diploma, at minimum
– At least 2 years Marketing or Underwriting experience
– Current P&C license or must be obtained within six months of hire date
-CPCU, CIC, or ARM designation
-Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline
– Knowledge of Applied Agency Management System is preferred
Raegan Osborn, [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.