Job Category: IT
Java Developer is responsible for the entire life cycle of all Java applications. This position gathers and analyzes user requirements, designs solutions, implements and maintains those solutions, and tests and documents those solutions. This position will also be responsible for implementing a standard development methodology.
- Design and implement Java software applications to support business requirements
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Integrate applications with new or existing databases
- Design secure access methods to new and existing applications
- Create and maintain complex web applications to support business requirements
- Participates in every aspect of development and implementation, working with end users to fully understand business requirements
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures in addition to government and industry regulations/standards
- Utilize effective communication skills to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Planning/organizing – the individual priorities and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Project Management – Participates as a project team member and makes recommendations for routine problem solutions
- Technical Solution Development – Designs, documents, and develops solutions that solve internal and external client problems and clearly presents these solutions. Integrates knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments. Implements appropriate technologies.
- Technical Support – Independently resolves routine and non-routine problems. Performs testing and debugging of Java applications.
- Consultancy Skills – Determines internal client needs and provides solutions.
- Communication – Presents information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing. Tailors communications to the needs of the target audience, and effectively communicates technical information to individuals without technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, computer programming, or a related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 5 years overall technical experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java
- Experience with common Java frameworks
- Expertise with relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL Server
Human Resources at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.