Inside Sales Broker
Inside Sales Broker
Peachtree Special Risk Brokers, LLC
Job Category: Sales
Peachtree Special Risk Brokers, LLC, a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. is currently seeking a motivated Inside Sales Broker to join our office in Atlanta, GA. The primary responsibilities of this position include, but is not limited to, reviewing new and renewal applications to evaluate difficult and/or complex Excess & Surplus (E&S) risks in various lines of business to determine acceptability or declination of coverage’s requested and brokering said risks to viable carriers for coverage. Brokers are required to have experience and a full understanding of the E&S insurance industry. This position will primarily utilize brokering as means to an end; however, may occasionally utilize the binding authority process.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the U.S. We are a publicly traded company, listed on the NYSE as BRO and employ 10,000 seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, our offices are located across the United States and we are looking for ambitious professionals to join our team!
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
- Reviews new and renewal business applications to confirm that information is appropriate to determine placement of coverage.
- Performs principally brokerage work for complex E&S assignments during the daily workload: may occasionally use binding authority process if applicable and prudent.
- Accepts or declines risks and determines the placement of risks with various carriers; using independent decision making and discretion.
- Obtains prospects and actively pursues and creates interest by telephone calls, utilizing emails, or making personal visits.
- Implements methods for promotion of policies or improvements to processes.
- Ensures quotes and binders are confirmed in writing, policies are issued promptly and accurately, state filings (where applicable) are made, and taxes paid within applicable state laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Active state insurance license.
- One (1) or more years of successful insurance experience.
- Account management experience in retail or wholesale preferred.
Human Resources Dept. at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.