Human Resource Coordinator
Human Resource Coordinator
Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc.
Job Category: Human Resources
Beecher Carlson is a large account risk management broker that delivers expertise by industry focus and product specialization. We strive to develop new and better technologies to support your business requirements and drive operational excellence. By leveraging our deep risk management expertise, we are able to help clients manage their business risks, protect and enhance their capital and fulfill their corporate mission. Insurance Business America named Beecher Carlson as a Top Insurance Workplace for 2018. Find out more about our team and expertise here: https://www.beechercarlson.com
Beecher Carlson is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. Brown & Brown is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL and is one of the nation’s leading independent insurance intermediaries with 10,00 employees and 200+ profit center locations in 40 states, London (UK), and Bermuda. Brown & Brown is ranked as the sixth largest insurance brokerage in the United States and the seventh largest brokerage worldwide by Business Insurance magazine. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Coordinator in Boardman, OH . Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for leading and supporting Human Resources operations by utilizing expertise and resources to manage assigned responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with corporate in processing of bi-weekly payroll, provide training content for webinars and provide system training to users when needed, counsel team members on payroll guidelines, manage sick leave accrual, and adhere to company, federal, and state guidelines.
• Lead Talent Acquisition efforts by collaborating with Team Leaders to create role descriptions, post job advertisements, pre-screen, and select qualified candidates.
• Assist with development and execution of teammate engagement strategies that align with company objectives.
• Maintain internal controls to ensure Team Resources operational activities are in alignment with company, state, and federal regulations by conducting quarterly internal audits.
• Conduct new hire orientation for all new teammates, including but not limited to review of benefits and proper completion of new hire documentation.
• Serve as Employment Practices liaison between office and HR Manager.
• Provide benefit administration by, managing leave of absences and responding to benefit inquiries and escalate to corporate as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years’ of progressive human resources experience.
• Knowledge of the human resources field, federal, and state regulations
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and judgement capability
• Ability to express ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to needs of audience
• Ability to adapt to change and quickly accommodate changing priorities
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Raven James - Human Resources Generalist at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.