Brown & Brown of New York
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown is a unique, decentralized, publicly traded organization which has grown to be the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. With over 75 years of proven success, Brown & Brown is one of the insurance industry’s most powerful and influential leaders. Through our four business segments (Retail, National Programs, Wholesale Brokerage, and Services), Brown & Brown provides risk management solutions to businesses, corporations, governmental institutions, professional organizations, trade associations, families, and individuals.
There are no employees at Brown & Brown – only Teammates. We strive to attract people who are competitive, driven, and disciplined. Built on meritocracy, our company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to always doing what is best for their customers. With Brown & Brown you will be introduced to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities and will have access to the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
Brown & Brown of New York is seeking an entry level professional to join our team as the FSA/COBRA Administrator. This role will assist the Employee Benefits sales and service team in providing excellent client service in regards to FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts ) and COBRA.
- Produce COBRA letters for those groups we have agreement to handle the COBRA notification process.
- Produce billings, reconcile payments, invoice clients and maintain billing records for all COBRA participants.
- Produce COBRA report and payout to client for all COBRA monies received in the previous month.
- Administer Flexible Spending Accounts, including un-reimbursed medical and dependent care accounts. Duties include process payroll deductions, claim adjudications, produce claim payments, yearend forfeitures and provide management reports.
- Produce and send quarterly reports on FSA utilization to clients.
- Process member FSA applications, which includes reviewing for accuracy and verifying successful completion.
- Answer overflow of phone calls to the agency as needed. Handle as appropriate all incoming calls to agency.
- Process all incoming enrollments for current clients accurately and timely.
- High School diploma, Required. Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment, including but not limited to Word, Excel and Power Point; Able to create, edit, and merge letters, spreadsheets, labels, etc.
- Knowledge of use of office equipment (including but not limited to copy machines, printers, faxes, binding machine, etc.).
- Valid NYS Life, Accident and Health License or willingness to obtain within first year of employment.
Cydney Bain - Regional Talent Acquisition Professional at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.