Field Service Engineer – Northeast Region
Field Service Engineer – Northeast Region
Brown & Brown Inc.
Job Category: IT
Brown & Brown Inc. is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team. The Field Service Engineer will be supporting offices in the North East Region from Virginia to New Hampshire. As a member of the Brown & Brown Information Technology team, you will provide internal support for employees at the local office as well as remote staff. The role requires a good combination of technical and customer services skills.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Support the IT infrastructure for a department or office including the physical network, servers and applications
- Support the desktop environment and physical security at local office
- Conducts evaluation of the technology process problems and recommends solutions
- Provides support for complex computing environment in areas such as hardware, software and networks
- Perform support for special applications requiring extensive knowledge and expertise
- May design and delivery training for enterprise tools and applications
- Executes core administration tasks and functions in specific area assigned within guidelines and service levels
- Follow up on outstanding requests/incidents and ensure timely resolution
- Coordinate and support the use of audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Identify and automate processes to improve customer support services
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Windows desktop environments, Win 10 and Office 365 Suite
- Intermediate skills using and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory structure and domains including auditing and group policy
- Security enablement on Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Secure Client PC connectivity – ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN, and virtual services
- File server knowledge and File Sharing systems, and SFTP applications
- Security products such as laptop encryption, backup, anti-virus
- Experience with remote desktop support tools, VPN and VDI environments
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Knowledge of Information Security, Network Security, Firewall Administration, System Administration
- Knowledge of PC security, Identify Management, Office 365 User & Account Management and Security & Compliance module
- SharePoint Security, role base security definitions and deployment
- Experience in an SD-WAN and/or MPLS network environment
- Previous experience working in a SOX and HIPAA environment a plus
- More than 4 years’ experience working in an office/enterprise setting supporting Windows/MAC
SKILLS & SOFTWARE
SERVER: Server platforms (Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant), RAID subsystems (Dell PERC, HP Smart Array, LSI MegaRAID), hard drives (PATA, SATA, SAS, SSD, mSATA, SCSI), direct attached storage with RAID (Dell PowerVault, HP StorageWorks, RAID Inc. Ability EBOD), RAID topologies (JBOD, levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60).
Server OS (Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2), Hyper-V and virtualization technology, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Windows Deployment Services, Windows users/groups creation/management, print queue management, Storage Spaces, Data Deduplication, software RAID (levels 0, 1, 5, 10), SNMP communities, Dell OpenManage, HP Systems Insight Manager, shared printer queues.
DESKTOP: Desktop platforms (Microsoft Windows, MacOS), hard drives with RAID (SATA, SSD, SAS, PATA, SCSI,), video cards, network interface cards (wired, fiber, wireless), laser printers (USB, network, wireless).
Desktop OS (Microsoft Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8//8.1/10, Apple MacOS 7.x – 10.5), Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SCCM Console, Dell Active Roles, DropBox, Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Meraki VPN, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Apple QuickTime Pro.
Raritan KVM (Dominion KX2, Dominion KX3, CommandCenter), Avocent KVM (DSR, MPU), APC power (UPS, PDU, Data Center Expert).
Ashlie Bleidt - [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.