Endpoint Management Lead
Endpoint Management Lead
Brown & Brown Inc.
Job Category: IT
The IT endpoint management lead oversees the planning, creation, deployment and maintenance of robust, secure production-level IT services to provide infrastructure and support for all endpoint systems of the enterprise. Serve as the primary Enterprise point of contact and technical lead for all activities related to BigFix (primary) & Intune engineering and administration. Will also be responsible for integrating with the organization’s ServiceNow and Security infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as primary subject matter expert (SME) of multiple major technologies deployed for endpoint management.
- Leads the design, creation and maintenance of endpoint services in line with business requirements
- Leads the design and creation of default collections for content, configurations, and settings using endpoint management tools (BigFix/Intune).
- Leads the creation and maintenance of automated solutions to increase the efficiency of endpoint services.
- Manages servers and tools that allow for remote and automated deployment of operating systems, patches, updates, drivers and security items to all endpoint devices across Enterprise services and ensuring system up time and performance through monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing of the platforms.
- Oversees the management of shared content on endpoint management systems to ensure that content is up-to-date
- Ensures engineered solutions are properly transitioned to operational teams
- Provide training for unit IT Professionals on the use of endpoint management systems
- Serve as a mentor and/or coach to other teammates and advise those teammates on projects.
- Conducts product evaluations and communicates with vendors, or other third parties, to maintain best practices for their products and troubleshoot issues.
- Design and participate in Change Management and Incident Management, including communications planning for before and after changes/incidents. Be aware of major business cycles that affect service offerings.
- Design testing and quality assurance procedures to be followed by teammates and contribute to testing as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience administering and operating BigFix/Intune in a complex, enterprise environment
- Installing, monitoring, maintaining, tuning, troubleshooting and upgrading BigFix clients.
- Create software packages, pushing and monitoring installation progress as well as troubleshoot systems which failed to installed patches.
- Troubleshoot communication issues between clients and relay servers with BigFix
- Perform day-to-day activities required to distribute application, software, patch packages using management tools to end user hardware and server infrastructure.
- Create modify and customize Web Reports and dashboards, performs administrative functions, including scheduling activities, managing filters, software versions, license information, software inventory
- Create custom fixlets, analyses, scripting and relevance language to deploy software installation/uninstallation.
- Ability to interact with the customer to understand requirements and develop plans to implement strategies and customer initiatives
- Ability to articulate thoughts, findings and recommendations in a concise and comprehensive manner
- Expert in designing and implementing software distribution and system management solutions
- Expert in designing and implementing patch management solutions (ex. WSUS, BigFix) including bios and firmware updates, service pack upgrades, and vendor-based updates
- Experience with other endpoint technologies is a plus but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to lead a team of IT professionals
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Technical knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Proficient with MS office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams)
- Clear and positive communication skills and accommodating attitude is required.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with equivalent work experience
- Over four years of experience designing and deploying endpoint services management solutions
- A passion for customer service and excellent execution
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- ITIL foundational process and process-improvement orientation
- Available for occasional travel up to 15%
- Bachelor’s degree computer science or related field
Ashlie Bleidt - [email protected] - #LI-AP1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.