Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
Job Category: Other
Division: National Programs
Arrowhead is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science & Analytics Team!
The Data Scientist will work on all aspects of the Data Science project lifecycle, from extracting raw (and usually messy) structured data, exploring data and gaining insights, developing statistical and machine learning models, and finally deploying the project to our production server as an API.
Your work will have direct impact on the business through automating and improving current workflows, as well as helping business leaders make informed, data-driven decisions.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc is part of the National Programs Division of Brown & Brown Insurance and underwrites numerous personal, commercial and specialty lines programs.
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their challenges and structure an analytical solution to solve it
- Design, develop, and validate models (descriptive, predictive, optimization and others) built using a variety of modeling techniques
- Work with cross-functional teams to put models into production, and provide support on IT implementation and system integration of models
- Monitor model accuracy, and work with stakeholders to ensure the model is used appropriately and generates the desired impact
- Develop automated solutions to extract and process data
- Identify and select new internal and external data sources to enhance existing data
- Share business knowledge, as well as learning and ideas on business problem solving
- 1-2 years work experience in data science
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field
- Experience with programming languages (R, Python, SQL) and version control (git)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 2+ years of data manipulation and analytics experience including business intelligence, data mining, modeling, and / or using predictive analytics tools
- Experience with API development or batch processing
- Extensive knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling techniques and their application to business decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical results for business audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Have high levels of accuracy and detail along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality.
- Experience in the insurance industry
Open to Remote. San Diego, CA preferred
Daren Eiri at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.