Brown & Brown Inc.
Job Category: IT
Brown & Brown Inc. is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our growing organization. The Cloud Architect will assist in the design, execution, and/or maintenance of our compute infrastructure, including computational workflows, cloud-based web-application deployments, network architecture, data versioning and life cycle management.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Responsible for collecting and defining technical requirements to enable business process and integrations
- Collaborate with the team of engineers and IT specialists to design effective, efficient, scalable, and secure applications within the organization’s Cloud platform
- Outline the cloud strategy and architecture that will be needed to support the Brown & Brown’s business strategy
- Responsible for analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long term cloud strategic and operating plans to ensure that the cloud objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
- Responsible for recommendation on cloud architecture strategies, processes and methodologies
- Lead or assist in the design and implementation of new cloud-based systems as the company’s needs change
- Responsible for the development of architecture blueprints for related systems
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Responsible for collaboration with Information Security to ensure proper security policies and standards are followed
- Troubleshoot any problems that are encountered in any of the above
- Follow industry trends and best practices, recommend changes as appropriate
- Jointly develop technical enablement plans for business divisions
- Lead the execution of technical enablement engagements including; Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, and Architectural Design Sessions
- Stay current on technology trends and opportunities, compliance/risk issues by self study and other training programs company is able to provide
Knowledge and Skills
- A proven track record of designing, developing and maintaining secure, complex, cloud-based, data-intensive systems.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud)
- Above all, the ability and willingness to learn new skills and solve new challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with equivalent work experience
- Cloud certification(s) relevant to cloud architecture, cloud engineering
- 7 years’ experience in cloud engineering and architecture
- Strong Agile process and process-improvement orientation
- A passion for customer service and excellent execution
- Available for occasional travel up to 25%
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Azure for DevOps, Jenkins)
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
Ashlie Bleidt - [email protected] #LI-AP1 #ZRAP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.