Protect Professionals Claims Management
Job Category: Claims
Division: National Programs
Protect Professionals Claims Management, a division of Brown & Brown, is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as a Claim Specialist . The hired individual will process professional liability, malpractice, general liability, and errors & omissions claims for our dental and medical business clients. This can be a remote from home opportunity.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Process assigned claims in accordance with established procedures, policy coverages and applicable state laws and regulations regarding claims handling.
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigations of reported matters to evaluate coverage, liability and damages, secure appropriate documentation pertaining to the reported matter, and prepare the claim/matter for disposition with appropriate regard for cost containment.
- Maintain diary of upcoming actions/events and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Act as primary liaison to the insured with respect to a claim.
- Establish timely and accurate reserves for each claim file and review and adjust reserves as appropriate.
- Coordinate defense of litigated claims.
- Maintain accurate and complete files with respect to all activities relating to each claim file.
- Assist and cooperate in all internal and external audits conducted with respect to the Department’s operations.
- Close claim files, when appropriate.
- Conduct appropriate state and federally-mandated reporting.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience with malpractice, professional liability, and E&O Insurance Highly preferred
- Experience reviewing Medical Records highly preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, Outlook
Please apply online using the "Apply Now" link. For all other questions, please contact: Shania Dunn, Regional Talent Acquisition Professional [email protected] #LI-SD1 #ZRSD
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.