Job Category: Claims
Beecher Carlson is a large account risk management broker that delivers expertise by industry focus and product specialization. We strive to develop new and better technologies to support your business requirements and drive operational excellence. By leveraging our deep risk management expertise, we are able to help clients manage their business risks, protect and enhance their capital and fulfill their corporate mission. Beecher Carlson is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. and headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
Beecher Carlson is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. Brown & Brown is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL and is one of the nation’s leading independent insurance intermediaries with more than 9,000 employees and 200+ profit center locations in 38 states, London (UK), and Bermuda. Brown & Brown is ranked as the sixth largest insurance brokerage in the United States and the seventh largest brokerage worldwide by Business Insurance magazine. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We have an immediate opening for a Claims Consultant with the National Casualty Practice located in Atlanta, GA. The Risk Analyst supports the account team and develops relationships with clients by providing risk analysis and meeting commitments on time sensitive tasks in a professional and punctual manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists production teams in account management, renewal negotiations, special projects and resolution of claims and loss issues working closely with the Claims Practice Leader and other Beecher Carlson team members
- Assists clients in reporting claims to carriers and follows to advocate our client’s interests by facilitating timely claims resolution and assisting clients in responding to carrier coverage positions
- Provides oversight management of vendors through process mapping, program development, claims reviews, quality audits and other projects
- Handles and assists with multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of carrier and TPA claims services, programs, capabilities and trends
- Continuously updates knowledge of client’s business, goals and programs
- Proactively updates knowledge base on policy coverage, claims practices, case law and industry claims trends
- Is available to assist in other projects and tasks as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of progressive technical claims experience with a carrier, TPA or in a Risk Manger role
- Experience supporting Fortune 1000 Casualty clients
- Superior understanding of Technical Claims procedures and Best Practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent logical-thinking and analytic skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in tight timeframes
- Organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to use carrier and TPA information and claims management systems in providing consulting services to clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of individuals within Beecher Carlson, our clients, carriers and vendor’s organizations
- Ability to use discretion and understand confidentiality issues
Raven James at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.