Business Development Professional
Business Development Professional
Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Sales
Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking a Business Development Professional for its growing team in Anaheim, California!
WHO WE ARE:
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the fifth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country.
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
WHO YOU ARE:
You believe in working as a team and thrive in fun, collaborative environments. You have a client-focused attitude and value the importance of professionalism and trust. You set goals high and aim higher. You have solid communication skills. You are an effective networker who can build and maintain lasting relationships. You have a talent for persuasion, motivation, influence, and negotiation. You are determined to succeed and take a strategic approach to prospecting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop key prospects for Employee Benefits and Commercial Property & Casualty departments through cold calling, coordination of drop-in visits, development of centers of influence, and networking
- Influence and persuade potential prospects to develop interest in our services
- Communicate regularly with agents/brokers to achieve production profit objectives
- Manage Gryphon Networks software to log daily call activity and track effectiveness
- Manage & update CRM database that will be kept, noting follow-up action
- Use independent & discretionary judgement as to what marketing materials need to be distributed to prospects and cold call follow-up correspondence
- Advise prospects on what to expect in a consultant meeting by informing them of what pertinent information to gather prior to the appointment
- Foster and seek relationships with teammates across all levels of Brown & Brown
- Ensure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures
- Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills
- Always conduct the highest level of confidentiality
- Other duties as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- 1-3 years’ agency experience, preferred
- P&C License and/or L&H License, preferred, or obtain within 3 months
- Salesforce experience, a plus
- Strong financial aptitude
- Outgoing, extroverted personality and event networking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- Base salary + commission
- Unlimited earning potential
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Brown & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button above. For technical difficulties with applying please email [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.