Brokerage Analyst Assistant
Brokerage Analyst Assistant
Brown & Brown Insurance
Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Client Support
Excellent entry-level insurance opportunity for someone who is ambitious and looking to begin a career with a large insurance organization!! This position supports and assists Marketing Executives in their responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Prepares submissions and cover letters to underwriters and brokers ensuring the accuracy, quality and professional appearance of our offerings to the marketplace.
- Oversees and verifies the account loss history collection process of the Service Department and checks the loss summary they provide for accuracy.
- Responsible for all “on-line” submission, rating and quote generation.
- Handles the application process to “alternative markets” including JUA, FWA, ICAT, etc.
- Collects, processes and forwards any additional underwriting information required by the markets of the Marketing Analyst.
- Follows up with markets to confirm receipt and gauge their initial response to our submissions.
- Completes any supplemental application and supplies any additional information that may be required.
- Receives, reconciles and files responses or declinations from insurance carriers and brokers.
- Under the supervision of the Marketing Executive, prepares proposals and binds coverage with selected carriers or brokers.
- Conveys all “subject to” quote requirements to Marketing Executive and producers prior to binding coverage.
- Creates a diary/suspense on each of these items until they are satisfied.
- Issues client binders, obtains policy numbers and prepares billing and finance agreement documentation.
- Communicates with and notifies all incumbent markets that have lost their business with us.
- Finalizes the file documentation of the insurance program that was sold and bound.
- Prepares file for close out and transfer to the Service Department and notifies them of any pending items or includes a special comments narrative.
- Completes final file integrity worksheet before transfer to the Service Department
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building abilities
- Superior negotiation skills
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Results orientated with the drive to succeed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously despite their complexity
- Minimum education required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite & Excel
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline
To APPLY for this position, scroll to the top of this posting and click APPLY HERE. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact Carrie Farley at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.