Job Category: Client Support
Hays Companies is seeking applicants for the Benefits Analyst role in our Dedham, MA office. The ideal candidate would be a motivated and detail-oriented individual capable of both interpreting data as well as interacting with clients on a time-sensitive basis. This role offers tremendous opportunity to an individual who is equipped and eager to accept the challenges of an ambitious workload and steep learning curve.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Benefits Analysts vary greatly; but the primary function in this position is to assist the Senior Consultant and Account Team in servicing the needs of employee benefit clients.
- Provide client utilization and financial reporting to the Senior Consultant and to clients
- Assist clients with daily service functions and frequent ad hoc requests, escalating issues as needed
- Create, review and edit employee benefit guides, benefit manuals and other client materials as requested
- Administer marketing and renewal functions such as requests for proposal
- Identify, plan, and develop methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency and effectiveness of benefit programs
- Participate in market meetings, client functions, industry seminars and training programs as directed
- Maintain client records and update client communications
- Updates files for resource library including current developments, legislative and regulatory changes, and market updates and work with the Senior Consultant and account to advise impact to clients
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to communicate effectively and professionally, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and Word
- Applied knowledge of employee benefits, insurance industry or human resources.
- Must obtain and maintain active Life/Accident and Health Insurance Agent License.
- Four year degree preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years in an insurance-related industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Would consider a strong candidate with an alternate background.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.