Job Category: Client Support
Hays Companies is seeking applicants for the Benefits Analyst role in our Wichita, KS office!
The ideal candidate would be a motivated and detail-oriented individual capable of both interpreting data as well as interacting with clients on a time-sensitive basis. This role offers tremendous opportunity to an individual who is equipped and eager to accept the challenges of an ambitious workload and steep learning curve.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Benefits Analysts vary greatly; but the primary function in this position is to assist the Senior Consultant and Account Team in servicing the needs of employee benefit clients.
- Provide client utilization and financial reporting to the Senior Consultant and to clients
- Assist clients with daily service functions and frequent ad hoc requests, escalating issues as needed
- Create, review and edit employee benefit guides, benefit manuals and other client materials as requested
- Administer marketing and renewal functions such as requests for proposal
- Identify, plan, and develop methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency and effectiveness of benefit programs
- Participate in market meetings, client functions, industry seminars and training programs as directed
- Maintain client records and update client communications
- Updates files for resource library including current developments, legislative and regulatory changes, and market updates and work with the Senior Consultant and account to advise impact to clients
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to communicate effectively and professionally, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and Word
- Applied knowledge of employee benefits, insurance industry or human resources
- 2+ years in an insurance-related industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Would consider a strong candidate with an alternate background or recent college graduate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.