Benefits Account Executive
Benefits Account Executive
Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown’s local leaders are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Account Executives are responsible for account management of moderately complex benefit accounts. Works at a strategic level to develop and retain consultative, partnership relationships with customers/prospects. Develops, implements and monitors comprehensive customer service plans that reflect the customer’s business goals. Responsible for marketing to customers including advising customers regarding renewals and recommending coverage/products. Contributes to the new business development, identifies cross-sell opportunities and may seek referrals from existing customers. May provide leadership and guidance to less experienced staff. Individual may work out of the office as much as 50% of the time, depending on client needs and occasions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service the designated book of business as it relates to pre-renewal analysis, renewal analysis, renewal administration and sales.
- Builds strong relationships and provide customer centric solutions in addition to, responding to client questions and maintaining client files.
- Analyze market and client information in order to develop, design, negotiate and implement creative strategies for sales executives and clients.
- Develop RFP for new and renewal business marketing.
- Benchmark analysis against client’s current plans.
- Provide alternative plan design changes that meet financial goals set by client.
- Analyze market and client information in order to prepare for pre-renewal and renewal business.
- Responsible for the day-to-day account executive responsibilities of client’s reporting and service needs, claim and utilization review and benefit related projects.
- Advise and direct clients on claims issues, administration, benefit plans and federal/state laws such as: COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ERISA etc.
- Review, analyze, recommend, finalize and implement benefit plan renewals, benefit changes, new plans and/or new lines of coverage
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and implement initiatives to increase cost savings, efficiency, or effectiveness for the client.
- Coordinate with vendors and carriers to confirm dates and times for enrollment meeting and enrollment materials.
- Conduct off site client meetings, employee communication meetings and benefit/wellness fairs.
- Create, prepare and present client presentations monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Provide timely updates to client and carriers requests. Create and maintain client specific project lists and meeting notes.
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly and year to date reporting data for all lines of coverage.
- Mentor for Account Managers.
- Creates Innovative ways for our customers and company to be successful.
- Create an environment where teammates feel connected and energized. Those that you interact with will be attracted to you so that you enlist the brightest and best talent to want to work with you.
- Attend external seminars for education and industry networking.
- Work on team or special projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Active Life & Health License
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline AND 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.