Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc
Alpharetta , GA
Job Category: Other
Division: National Programs
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is seeking a dedicated Associate Underwriter (AU) to analyze, price, and service accounts according to specific carrier guidelines utilizing RMS modeling and proprietary analysis tools. The AU contributes to the success of the underwriting goals as well as corporate goals relating to growth, profit, renewal retention, service, and producer/client management. Our team will rely on the selected candidate to analyze account specific information (including but not limited to SOV’s, loss information, financials, compliance and loss control reports) and prepare risk reports for referral to Underwriters. Further duties will include the development of recommendations based on account analysis that will be used as the basis for renewal strategy; determine pricing strategy in conjunction with Underwriter; coordinates the renewal process for the Underwriter; reviews submission information with the Underwriter. This role is accountable for the rate, book and issue processes for policies and endorsements; and ensures electronic file integrity.
- Understand carrier guidelines including systems processes related to underwriter duties.
- Process New and Renewal Business, including Modeling in RMS.
- Underwrite and price accounts per specific carrier guidelines.
- Issue quotes and binders documenting insurance coverage’s.
- Develop and promote Broker/agent relationships to help reach production goals.
- Coordinate work flow between underwriter and assistant underwriter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) is desirable.
- Computer navigating skills – must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with policy and Accounting systems, and vendor specific computer programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
Niels Seebeck - Chief Underwriting Officer at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.