Associate Risk Control Specialist
Associate Risk Control Specialist
Wright Risk Management Company, LLC
Job Category: Operations
Division: National Programs
Wright Risk Management Company, LLC is seeking a skilled Associate Risk Control Specialist to join our team in Uniondale, NY. The selected candidate will become familiar with providing effective risk assessments and service delivery to municipalities of all sizes from small and large villages and towns to larger cities and counties. This work involves contacting the member to schedule risk review assessments for property & casualty exposures and controls; and deliver appropriate risk control recommendations. The work involves effectively planning to complete the assigned risk assessments over a wide geographic area in a timely manner. The associate will initially work under the supervision of an experienced Senior Risk Control Specialist as well as the Risk Control Manager.
The successful candidate will eventually provide risk control services to clients within a designated territory mostly within the Central NY, East Central, and Eastern NY areas including the Capital District and Adirondack Region. The Risk Control Specialist will have the exciting opportunity to travel to other parts of the state, and some overnight stays may be required. This position requires a high quality performance standard in a highly active program, providing technical support services to risk management, underwriting, marketing, claims, clients, and broker/agency partners. This position will be based in the Albany Office.
- Conduct on-site surveys to perform risk assessments of members and provide appropriate risk control recommendations.
- Provide comprehensive reports and recommendations utilizing our on-line management system for underwriting.
- Monitor client P&C loss experience with targeted loss analyses to plan, develop and recommend risk control services to members to address loss trends and mitigate claims.
- Maintain open communications with clients, marketing, claims, underwriting, and management.
- Support marketing and membership services efforts for existing and prospective members by presenting or coordinating the information on available risk control services, including participation in seminar activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree or working towards one.
- Qualified candidates should have 1-3 years of public sector and/or private sector loss control or risk management experience.
- General risk control policies, practices and procedures, with a concentration in property and casualty exposures.
- Current knowledge of state and federal workplace safety and regulatory standards, (e.g. DOL, PESH, OSHA, DOT, NFPA), is a plus.
- Attainment of Associate in Risk Management, (ARM), Associate in Risk Management for Public Entities, (ARM-P) and/or Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is desired.
We are committed to offering our teammates a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits to provide for your physical, financial, and social health. Benefit packages include, but are not limited to a 401k plan, employee stock purchase plans, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products; plus much more!
Roger Cuva - Risk Control Manager at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.