Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Finance
The Accounting Manager is responsible for leading the accounting functions and office management for the branch. The successful candidate is responsible for all accounting activities including transacting direct bill commissions, monthly journal entries, general ledger analysis, and preparation of financial statements, bank reconciliations, annual budgeting and internal controls. They are the primary point of contact for office management and licensing. In addition, they maintain and promote the positive environment of the office while making sure guidelines and processes are met.
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, and documenting business transactions
· Manage, review and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable. Resolve differences.
· Analyze financial information detailing income, expenses, earnings, assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position based on past, present, and expected operations
· Report branch financials to the corporate office
· Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll in conjunction with corporate guidelines and policies. Review and validate General Ledger posting.
· Post cash receipts and deposits in Agency Management system (Applied) and General Ledger (Workday) . Reconcile clearing accounts.
· Run producer payables reports. Include commissions payable in Payroll
· Perform all month-end and year-end functions for the branch
· Works with and educates departmental team leaders on financials to provide them with a working knowledge of departmental P&L
· Responsible for working with Leadership to establish and manage the budget throughout the year
· Communicates relevant financial information to the members of the office team and corporate
· Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting procedures and internal controls
· Manage, direct and coordinate activities of other accounting personnel, including preparing and conducting performance reviews annually
· Insure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures and maintains licensing requirements for all staff
· Pursue a program for personal and professional development
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and people without stress overload
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent work habits – detail oriented
· Excellent prioritization skills
· Computer skills must include intermediate to advanced Excel, as well as intermediate Word and Outlook
· Multi-tasking and ability to deal with tasks in an organized and prioritized manner
· Must possess a strong sense of urgency and ability and willingness to hold others accountable, as well as hold self-accountable and remain committed to achieving success
Education and Preferred Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a business or financial related discipline
· Understanding and working in an Agency Management System for an insurance brokerage
· Knowledge of the operations of an insurance agency in both financial and technical areas
Katie Hillman Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.