Brown & Brown of New York
Job Category: Finance
Brown & Brown in Albany, NY is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our team! This individual will be responsible for monitoring daily banking activity, accounts receivable and payable, as well as agency bill and direct bill reconciliations.
Note: This role requires a full time in office schedule, Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily banking activity.
- Provide support for Agency Bill process including recording, reconciling, and issuing checks.
- Ensure all support for transactions is processed and filed accurately and timely in agency management systems.
- Receipt, record, transact & reconcile Direct Bill Commission Received
- Provide backup support for vendor payable process – collect, review & submit current invoices for which payment is due. Cut checks to vendors with leadership authorization
- Provide backup support for daily deposits, including completing cash receipt log, check copies & complete remote deposit.
- Participate in month end processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, financial analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Collaborate with Accounting & Administrative team on day to day and monthly tasks.
- Cross-train on all functions of Accounting and Administrative within the office.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to office.
- High School Diploma.
- Associates degree in a financial discipline.
- 2+ years general accounting experience.
Please apply online using the "Apply Now" link. For all other questions, please contact: Cydney Stewart, Regional Talent Acquisition Professional [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.