Account Manager – Surety
Account Manager – Surety
Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown Northwest Insurance is seeking a Surety Account Manager in Portland, Oregon!
WHO WE ARE:
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the fifth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We provide expert consultative services and customer advocacy to our Property & Casualty, Employee Benefits, Bonds and Personal Lines customers.
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our customers.
WHO YOU ARE:
You have a customer-focused attitude and value the importance of professionalism and trust. You have solid communication skills. You are team oriented; you maintain positive relationships with your teammates and enjoy working together. You are someone your team can depend on, you pay attention to the details, meet your deadlines, and are accurate in your work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Answer customer and carrier questions with day-to-day email, phone, fax and mail requests in areas of policies, endorsements, audits, and accounting/billing, coordination of claims/loss control services
- Collect and compile information from customer to prepare submission to Surety Company
- Prepare final submission of completed bonds to Surety Companies
- Verify bond renewals and issue invoices
- Update and maintain Surety files to ensure ongoing underwriting compliance
- Review for accuracy all policies, changes/endorsements, audits and other documents
- Prepare all necessary applications and data for a complete submission to underwriters
- Maintain high retention on exiting accounts
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned
Senior Account Managers (all of the above plus):
- Manage workflow and projects for the Surety Account Management team
- Mentor Surety Account Coordinators, Associate Account Managers, and Account Managers
- Onboard and train new hires to the Surety Department
- Create training manuals, schedules and workflows
- Work with Surety Director on advance tasks such as underwriting negotiating and customer communications
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) preferred
- 2+ years of Surety account management experience required
- Must have, and maintain, current Property and Casualty License
- Solid knowledge of property and casualty coverage, current legislation, rules, laws, and other regulations
- Fluent with Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Word, and Excel
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Mentorship Program
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button above. For technical difficulties with applying please email [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.