Account Manager- Personal Lines
Account Manager- Personal Lines
Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown’s local leaders are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Brown & Brown of Albuquerque is currently seeking an Account Manager for their Personal Lines group. The Account Manager functions in a support capacity to the Sales Producer by performing duties requiring a high degree of technical expertise. This position requires the ability to work autonomously in performing duties requiring extensive knowledge and understanding of the insurance field. This position is characterized by the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in organizing, scheduling and performing the work generated by the portion of the book of business you have been assigned to. Responsible for day-to-day direction of Account Administrators. This position works closely with the producer to develop new business opportunities and provides high level renewal support, including renewal and new business client facing meetings.
• Provides guidance regarding the operation and workflow of support unit in accordance with Brown & Brown policies and procedures.
• Performs all clerical duties related to coverage including processing of endorsements; checks policies and endorsements for agreement with initial application or request; invoices agency bill renewals, endorsements, and policies
• Sets up client files; performs required file maintenance; maintains various suspense systems and conducts follow-ups when appropriate, including premium follow-up in accordance with Brown & Brown standard procedures.
• Contacts client by phone, or written correspondence; screens incoming correspondence and acts on it as required.
• Informs Personal Lines Manager of unusual activity on any accounts, handles routine incoming calls; answers questions regarding client coverage and limits for Claims Department
• Markets new and/or renewal business, compares quotes and conducts rate comparisons and makes recommendations regarding placement of business
• Performs client service calls on accounts
• Any other job-related duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Exceptional telephone demeanor
• Active P&C License
• 2+ years’ experience in a similar position
Katie Hillman Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.