Account Manager – Employee Benefits
Account Manager – Employee Benefits
Brown & Brown Insurance
Job Category: Client Support
Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking an Account Manager to join its growing Employee Benefits team in Portland, Oregon!
WHO WE ARE:
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the fifth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country.
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our customers. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
WHO YOU ARE:
You believe in working as a team and thrive in fun, collaborative environments. You have a customer-focused attitude and value the importance of relationships, professionalism and trust. You set goals high and aim higher. You have solid communication skills. You are detail oriented and organized. You enjoy learning new skills, systems, processes, and procedures. You are a great listener and are not afraid to ask questions. You believe that learning is vital to success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help customers understand insurance policies/coverages and determine their individual service needs
- Act as an advocate for customers on employee claim issues and carrier relations
- Answer customer and carrier questions through all means of communications such as through calls, personal meetings, seminars, etc.
- Educate customers on compliance responsibilities for state and federal laws effecting health plans (ERISA, SPD, COBRA, State Continuation, Medicare, FMLA, HIPAA. Etc.)
- Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills and licensing requirements
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned
- Foster and seek relationships with teammates across all levels of Brown & Brown
- Ensure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures
- Always conduct the highest level of confidentiality
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Must have, and maintain, current Life & Health Insurance License for required states within six (6) months
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) with three (3) years of experience in the field of Employee Benefits Administration or high school graduate with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience, other combination of work and/or education will be considered
- Solid knowledge and understanding of group health and welfare benefit plan coverage, current legislation, rules, laws, and other regulations. Insurance plans, underwriting principals, selection, pricing, rating, and premium calculation
- Familiarity with complex benefit issues to serve as the key contact for customers to resolve them
- Fluent with Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Word, and Excel
- BenefitPoint experience or skills to learn software program at an accelerated ability and familiarity with AMS360
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid time off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button above. For technical difficulties with applying please email [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.