Brown & Brown of Detroit, Inc.
Job Category: Client Support
The role of Account Executive is to work closely with the producer to deliver comprehensive service to specific large clients. The Account Executive will be responsible for designing strategies, directing staff execution of services, identifying key initiatives, developing timelines and managing client relationships.
- A leader of the client team (acts in lieu of the producer when the producer is unable to do renewal presentation/OE meetings)
- Oversee and assist in the management of Large and/or complex Clients.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain a strong working relationship with customers and prospects
- Assist with the Strategic Planning, Pre-renewal and renewal process and strategies for those cases assigned along with analyzing existing exposure to assist in the development of a comprehensive employee benefit program
- Function as the liaison between the client, carrier and the Producer
- Educates HR and staff about plans
- Assist with the implementation of group policies
- Assist with claim and complex service issues in tandem with Customer Service
- Assist producers with research and preparation for client presentations (evaluating current product, identifying needs to be filled, monitoring competitive options, and analyzing and relaying customer experience)
- Delegate items when appropriate to other team members
- Sustain customer records by updating account information in all applicable database systems
- Prepare timelines for large accounts for the renewal and meet all targeted deadlines.
- Generate various communication documents in tandem with Enrollment Specialists for clients
- Oversee the production, delivery and accuracy of contracts, benefit summaries, Wrap SPD, etc.
- Project management on current and prospective accounts – direct and coordinate activities of the team.
- Provide detailed meeting notes from client and prospect meetings attended and distribute/oversee projects accordingly.
- Anticipate future needs and goals of clients and prospects to renew, capture and upgrade the account relationship.
- Work closely with the team to produce efficient and coordinated efforts with regards to work product/output, checklists, proposals, RFP’s, presentations and ways to improve processes.
- Assist Producer in managing the completion of items identified on the Insurance Coverage Review (ICR).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university or minimum of 3-years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ml Life & Health License is a requirement. If not currently licensed, a license must be obtained within 1 year of employment with B&B of Detroit.
- Knowledge of group insurance products (Health, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life, etc.).
- Experience in employee benefit insurance agency highly desirable.
- Must be able to manage people effectively.
- Proficiency in computer-based skills; Intermediate for MS Outlook, Excel, Word. Desirable for PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, responsive and self-motivated.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and analyzes information skillfully.
- Team player and task-orientation.
- The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Professional and respectful communication and conduct.
- Professional appearance.
- Travel as required, possibly out of state.
Raegan Osborn - Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.