Job Category: Operations
Pacific Resources is looking for an experienced Absence Consultant to join our growing team! The Absence Consultant will consult with internal sales and account management teams, as well as with external national account clients, on a wide variety of complex projects including: FMLA, State Leave Laws, ADA Pay, Salary Continuance, Statutory Disability, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Vacation and Paid Time-off (PTO) and other employer sponsored leave programs. The role will serve as the project manager and day-to-day communication liaison with Pacific Resources client service and sale team members, create client deliverables, contribute to client management and business activities, and participate in the creation of new intellectual capital. The position is also expected to be resource for the Audit Practice team to ensure both internal and external customer needs are met during the audit process.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide valued-added consulting expertise on large, sophisticated Absence and Disability Management projects including:
- Plan design/strategy
- End to end operational assessments
- Modeling, cost analyses, funding and employee contribution strategies
- Vendor analysis, selection, negotiation and procurement
- Ongoing plan management including evaluation of program performance and trends
- Assist with vendor capability reviews and annual RFI’s.
- Benchmarking studies and analyses
- Plan compliance and audit support
- Deliver superior, consistent management and deliverables in support of the Director, Absence Management Services for assigned clients:
- Serve as primary contact to Pacific Resources client service team on delivery of defined work product, offering absence management subject matter expertise
- Draft and manage project plans involving multiple workflow streams and client teams
- Oversee the day-to-day project deliverables, ensuring the progress of the work product against established objectives, budgets, timelines, deliverables and quality standards
- Manage client team expectations and raise appropriate issues to leadership for resolutions
- Interface with colleagues as needed to ascertain the client’s broader business objectives, ensuring work product is strategically aligned
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with internal stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects.
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying technical expertise
- Remain current on industry trends, leave legislation and vendor updates and share information with the larger Pac Res organization and clients
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Serve as mentor and resource to internal team members specific to absence management
- Contribute to special projects as defined by leadership
- Special Projects
- Build and maintain library of Absence & Productivity projects, RFPs, templates, market data and other deliverables
- Author and publish industry relevant white papers, newsletters, and support industry work groups with both publications and presentations
- Spearhead the development of an operational assessment process and work product, including standard process maps, collateral documentation needs, industry best practices, and thorough library of vendor capabilities and how they can enhance clients’ operational needs both administratively and technology base.
- 5-10 years of experience and success in the design/management of group disability and absence management plans gained in a consulting, brokerage or carrier environment
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Demonstrated success in managing client issues and relationships; some experience in growing relationships with current clients
- Relevant experience related to compliance and quality assurance protocols around leave/disability administration/management
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Experience training/mentoring junior staff
- The ability to see the “big picture,” leveraging the resources of related practices to address the clients’ business challenges
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PPT, Publisher) and SalesForce
- Availability to travel on an as-needed basis
- Group Insurance industry knowledge, Strong background in disability insurance and absence management, Strong interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills,
- Must be able to work independently; proven track record of success, must enjoy a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture
- Consulting experience
- Professional certifications such as CPDM, CLMS, CEBS, etc.
- Ability to use Visio or Smartdraw
Ashlie Bleidt - [email protected] #LI-AP1 #ZRAP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.