Accounting Leader - Honolulu, HI
Location: Honolulu, HI
Servco Insurance Services Corp., a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. is looking for an experienced Accounting professional to join our growing team in Honolulu.
The Accounting Leader is responsible for leading the accounting functions, Human Resources and office management for the branch. He/she is responsible for all accounting activities including transacting Direct Bill commissions, monthly journal entries, general ledger analysis, and preparation of financial statements, bank reconciliations, annual budgeting and internal controls. The position works in conjunction with corporate to execute Human Resources policies and procedures. They are the primary point of contact for office management and licensing. In addition, they maintain and promote the positive environment of the office while making sure guidelines and processes are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, and documenting business transactions
- Manage, review and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable. Resolve differences.
- Analyze financial information detailing income, expenses, earnings, assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position based on past, present, and expected operations
- Report branch financials to the corporate office
- Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll in conjunction with corporate guidelines and policies. Review and validate General Ledger posting.
- Post cash receipts and deposits in Agency Management system (Applied) and General Ledger (Workday) . Reconcile clearing accounts.
- Run producer payables reports. Include commissions payable in Payroll
- Perform all month-end and year-end functions for the branch
- Works with and educates departmental team leaders on financials to provide them with a working knowledge of departmental P&L
- Responsible for working with Leadership to establish and manage the budget throughout the year
- Communicates relevant financial information to the members of the office team and corporate
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting procedures and internal controls
- Manage, direct and coordinate activities of other accounting personnel, including preparing and conducting performance reviews annually
- Insure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures and maintains licensing requirements for all staff
- Pursue a program for personal and professional development
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and people without stress overload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent work habits - detail oriented, works accurately, follows specific instructions
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Consistent dependability/availability; excellent attendance record
- Computer skills must include intermediate to advanced Excel, as well
Click here for more information on this job.
Human Resources Audit Lead - Syracuse, NY
Location: Syracuse, NY
Brown & Brown Insurance Inc.’s Human Resources Audit Program allows individuals to learn about Human Resources in the insurance industry while growing and developing the skills necessary to be a leader within our ever-growing company. The program is a two-to-three year training program based in Syracuse, NY designed to prepare individuals for a successful future within Brown & Brown. Teammates in the Leadership Program travel to many of our 200+ decentralized locations performing audits based on processes and procedures within the Human Resources discipline. This unique opportunity provides our future leaders the chance to network with senior leadership across the company while exploring multiple offices across our four divisions and find the perfect opportunity.
Initial relocation to Syracuse, NY is required for the two-to-three year period. After successful development within the Brown & Brown business culture and execution of key job elements during this timeframe, this position would roll-out to a position in one of our many subsidiary offices or with our corporate team, either of which may require relocation within the U.S.
- Responsible for reviewing all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, benefits, and training and development for all existing offices.
- Develop and maintain relationship with internal operating divisions.
- Assist with FLSA evaluations of job positions of all existing offices.
- Assist with transition of documentation of job positions and job evaluation systems for all existing offices.
- Analyze, audit and review payroll processes.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Recommend and advise on maintenance of human resource, payroll, and benefits systems.
- Recommend policy and procedural improvements for all existing offices.
Click here for more information on this job.