Insurance Operations Programs Analyst - Roseland, NJ
Location: Roseland, NJ
Brown & Brown is looking for success-oriented team members who want to join one of the largest and most respected insurance intermediaries in the nation. As members of the Insurance Operations team, we travel to 200+ profit centers to perform detailed process and procedure reviews that help ensure our operations are positioned for successful business execution. You will be joining the Insurance Operations West team, a programs-centric team expected to utilize insurance knowledge, underwriting curiosity, and detail orientation to deliver increased value to our National Programs and Services Divisions. Career growth is a priority for us and we pride ourselves on how we position our team members to grow professionally and learn about the company and the industry. We want team members with the potential to grow their skills and careers within Brown & Brown both laterally and upward.
The Programs Analyst on the IO West team will be expected to consistently demonstrate leadership behaviors and competencies, acting as a coach & mentor to others whenever appropriate. Our ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills and will lend their experience and knowledge to grow the skills and effectiveness of teammates and profit centers while simultaneously “rolling up their sleeves” to work on detailed review work.
- Leading and assisting in Insurance Operations Reviews of Programs and Services offices regularly, while assisting with Brokerage and Retail reviews as needed.
- In-depth research on various program business operations to ensure optimal review outcomes.
- Participation in follow-up reviews for profit centers requiring additional consultation.
- Submission of reports and responses to legal department for each office reviewed.
- Participation in special projects and assistance for other corporate departments as necessary.
- Remaining informed of industry developments through review of trade publications, maintenance of related manuals and meeting participation.
- Participation in annual departmental planning meeting and other meetings as necessary.
- Performing other specific duties and projects as assigned by leadership.
- Pursuing a program of personal and professional development through the completion of educational and departmental goals.
- 2+ years' Property & Casualty Insurance Program, Carrier or Agency experience. Background in underwriting or claims is preferred. Knowledge of multiple insurance lines is a plus.
- 4-year College Degree. Insurance certificates and designations are also beneficial.
- An understanding of various disciplines and workflows.
- Be able and willing to travel at least 30-40% of the time (flying and driving) to perform reviews across the United States.
- Be flexible in schedule and be able to adjust on-the-fly to meet business needs.
- A desire to excel and deliver industry-best audit execution.
- A high degree of discipline and self-motivation while doing detailed audit work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as high degree of interpersonal effectiveness with a demonstrated ability to articulate review findings and case for change to leaders across various profit centers.
- Ability and desire to pursue continued education through self-study and classroom instruction.
- Well-groomed, professional and neat appearance.
- Must possess a valid driver license in good standing and be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn new programs and agency management systems.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Relocation Expenses: Not covered
Allison Bradshaw - Operations Leader - Team Resources Review
Please send resume/cover letter to: IORTRecruiting@bbins.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Current Brown & Brown Team Members:
Attention Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.