Assistant (Commercial Lines) - Mt. Laurel, NJ
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Brown & Brown is seeking an experienced Technical Assistant to join our Commercial Lines department! This individual will work in tandem with the Account Manager in order to provide quality service to our clients in a timely manner in order to meet our retention goals. Strong growth opportunity within the organization.
- Process daily mail, including faxes and e-mail.
- Answer and process all telephone requests.
- Maintain account files in an orderly sequence according to established procedures.
- Enter all required data into system to maintain current file data.
- Review commercial applications, renewal requests and endorsements for adherence to underwriting authority and guidelines as established by the company’s carriers.
- Prepare and process binders of insurance, policies, endorsements, certificates of insurance, audits and cancellations as defined in the company procedures manual as directed by CSR.
- Secure loss runs and experience modification worksheets on assigned accounts.
- Maintain suspense or follow-up system for correspondence/requests.
- Process premium finance agreements as needed.
- Assist client through preparation of Excel spreadsheets and premium breakdowns.
- Provide back-up to other Commercial Assistants as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of commercial lines coverage and rating.
- Scanning and other clerical duties, as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- 2+ years in a similar capacity.
- NJ Property & Casualty Brokers License, required within first year of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Salary Range: Negotiable
Relocation Expenses: Not covered
Cydney Bain - Regional Talent Acquisition Professional
To apply, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer excellent benefits which include medical, dental and vision packages, along with 401K and Employee Stock Purchase plans, paid time off, plus much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Current Brown & Brown Team Members:
Attention Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.